Have you tried countless skin care products to fix the dark circles or bags under your eyes, but found nothing seems to work?
Are you at the point of considering surgery to fix your under-eye issues?
Waking up to find dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes almost seems like an omen for the rest of the day. However, depending on the causes of your under-eye circles and bags, there are various methods to nip this issue in the bud without surgery.
What Causes Dark Eye Cirlces
Under-eye circles may be a result of genetics, lack of sleep, illness, or fluid retention, therefore, some conditions can be reversed and others can just be improved. Dark under-eye circles can also be caused by congestion of your blood vessels, excess pigment of the skin, and shadowing caused by facial volume loss.
Congestion of blood vessel circulation leads to fluid-build up (edema) in the under-eye area, aka the “puffy eyes.”
Hyperpigmentation is excessive skin pigment; it usually causes brown discoloration under the eyes.
Shadowing occurs when facial contours cast a shadow on the under-eye area. Depending on bone structure, eyeball level of recession into the eye socket, or amount of aging skin that has loosened, shadowing may be more or less severe.
Overall, the skin under your eyes serves as an indicator of your current vitality. Taking care of your health is the first step to improving your under-eye circles and bags.
The lifestyle fix for under eye problems:
- Exercise to increase circulation
- Get a full nights sleep
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy balance in your life to avoid “run-down” exhaustion
- Reduce salt and MSG consumption to decrease edema (fluid build-up) and swelling
Skincare treatments that you can do to help improve under eye vascular congestion:
- Use skin care products with Arnica, vitamin K, and peptides.
- Cool compresses, such as cool cucumber slices, help to reduce swelling
Cosmeceuticals/Laser treatments to help lighten under eye circles from hyperpigmentation:
- Use skin care products with known skin lighteners (hydroquinone cream, Retin A, AHA’s or retinol). Apply with care, since many of these ingredients can be harsh to the thin and delicate skin under the eye.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments provide great results for patients with hyperpigmentation under the eye.
- Laser Genesis is another laser treatment that targets the tiny vessels that sometimes cause the dark eye circles.
- Use eye creams designed to diminish wrinkles and crinkles.
I would recommend Eye Genius from Cosmedix. This eye cream firms, brightens, calms and hydrates all in one! Eye Genius corrects the look of eye lines, crow’s feet, puffiness and dark circles. Another awesome eye product from Cosmedix that target lines and wrinkles is Opti Crystal. The third eye product that specify on dark circles is Neocutis Lumiere Eye Cream. It includes caffeine, PSP and Hyaluronic Acid that help alleviate puffiness, firm and hydrate the delicate skin under and around the eyes.
Apply makeup and concealers over your eye cream and sunscreen that are a shade or two lighter than your facial skin.
The cosmetic procedure fix for under eye shadowing problems.
Injections with dermal fillers in the under eye groove will lift the skin and decrease the shadow
I would recommend Restylane to diminish the eye shadowing problems. Restylane contains the body’s own natural material, hyaluronic acid, which is safe and present in all living organisms.
Laser treatment like Exilis will tighten the skin, reduce eye bags and produce collagen which will help diminish the darkening under the eyes.
Come see us at The Laser Image Company and let us help you tackle your under eye problems.